Reacts with a transmembrane glycoprotein present on most normal and malignant epithelia. Mesothelial cell-derived tumors have been found to be negative. At the Second International Workshop on Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) Antigens, the antibody was assigned to SCLC-Cluster 2, a group of antibodies which react with an epithelial antigen (1).
- Souhami RL, Beverley PC, Bobrow LG, Ledermann JA. Antigens of lung cancer: results of the Second International Workshop on Lung Cancer Antigens. J Natl Cancer Inst 1991;83:609-12.
- Ruitenbeek T, Gouw AS, Poppema S. Immunocytology of body cavity fluids. MOC-31, a monoclonal antibody discriminating between mesothelial and epithelial cells. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1994;118:265-9.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
Monoclonal antibody MOC-31 reacts with an epithelial antigen present on most normal and malignant epithelia (1). At the Second International Workshop on Small-Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) Antigens, MOC-31 was assigned to SCLC-Cluster 2, a group of antibodies which react with an epithelial antigen. The antigen characterized for another cluster 2 antibody (AUA 1) was shown to be a 40 kD transmembrane glycoprotein of unknown function (2). Indirect immunotoxin screening assays have demonstrated that the cluster 2 antibodies, are effective in killing target cells (2). The clinical interpretation of any positive staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological and histological studies with proper controls. Interpretation must be made within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Neuraminidase treated cells from a variant small-cell lung carcinoma cell line (GLS-1) (1).
MOC-31 is a mouse monoclonal antibody supplied in liquid form as tissue culture supernatant (containing fetal calf serum) dialyzed against 0.05 mol/L Tris-HCl, pH 7.2 and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: MOC-31 (1). Isotype: IgG1, kappa
Mouse lgG concentration mg/L: See label on vial.
- de Leij L, et al. Immunoperoxidase staining on frozen tissue sections as a first screening assay in the preparation of monoclonal antibodies directed against small cell carcinoma of the lung. Eur J Canc Clin Oncol 1984; 20:123
- Souhami RL, et al. Antigens of lung cancer: results of the Second International Workshop on Lung Cancer Antigens. J Natl Canc Inst 1991; 83(9):609
Synonym(s) for Antigen
MOC31, EpCAM, Ep-CAM, CD326