CD21 is a transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to a family of complement regulatory proteins. It is expressed by follicular dendritic cells (FDC) and mature B cells, as well as by several types of epithelial cells.
The antibody is useful for the identification of structural alterations in the meshwork of FDC, which are frequently found in malignant lymphomas. Furthermore, the antibody may be useful in the differential identification of mature T-cell lymphoma of the angioimmunoblastic subtype.
- Bagdi E, Krenacs L, Krenacs T, Miller K, Isaacson PG. Follicular dendritic cells in reactive and neoplastic lymphoid tissues: a reevaluation of staining patterns of CD21, CD23, and CD35 antibodies in paraffin sections after wet heat-induced epitope retrieval. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2001;9:117-24.
- Troxell ML, Schwartz EJ, van de Rijn M, Ross DT, Warnke RA, Higgins JP, et al. Follicular dendritic cell immunohistochemical markers in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2005;13:297-303.
Follicular lymphoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-CD21, Code IR608/IS608.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD21, Clone 1F8, Ready-to-Use (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels follicular dendritic cells and mature B cells and is useful for the identification of structural alterations in the meshwork of follicular dendritic cells, which are frequently found in malignant lymphomas (1). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
CD21 preparation purified from human tonsils to 60% purity (4).
In Western blotting of the immunogen, the antibody labels a band of 145 kDa, corresponding to CD21. The epitope recognized by the antibody is located within a 72 kDa C3d-binding fragment (4).
The antibody labels cells or cell lines known to express CD21 (Raji, NC 37, tonsil cells), whereas no labeling is observed in the CD21-negative Jurkat cells (T-cell line) and human erythrocytes (4).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: 1F8 (4). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Bagdi E, Krenacs L, Krenacs T, Miller K, Isaacson PG. Follicular dendritic cells in reactive and neoplastic lymphoid tissues: a reevaluation of staining patterns of CD21, CD23, and CD35 antibodies in paraffin sections after wet heat-induced epitope retrieval. Appl Immunohistochem Molecul Morphol 2001;9:117-24.
- Petzer AL, Schulz TF, Stauder R, Eigentler A, Myones BL, Dierich MP. Structural and functional analysis of CR2/EBV receptor by means of monoclonal antibodies and limited tryptic digestion. Immunology 1988;63:47-53.
Check Your Price & Order Online
Synonym(s) for Antigen
C3d-receptor, CR2, EBV-receptor