CD31, Endothelial Cell
Reacts with a 130 kDa glycoprotein, also designated platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1).
The antibody strongly labels endothelial cells and is valuable for the demonstration of capillaries and neoplasms arising from endothelial cells.
- Parums DV, Cordell JL, Micklem K, Heryet AR, Gatter KC, Mason DY. JC70: a monoclonal antibody that detects vascular endothelium associated antigen on routinely processed tissue sections. J Clin Pathol 1990;43:572-7.
- Kuzu I, Bicknell R, Harris AL, Jones M, Gatter KC, Mason DY. Heterogeneity of vascular endothelial cells with relevance to diagnosis of vascular tumours. J Clin Pathol 1992;45:143-8.
- Ohsawa M, Naka N, Tomita Y, Kawamori D, Kanno H, Aozasa K. Use of immunohistochemical procedures in diagnosing angiosarcoma. Evaluation of 98 cases. Cancer 1995;75:2867-74.
Kaposi sarcoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-CD31, Code IR610/IS610.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD31, Endothelial Cell, Clone JC70A, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody primarily labels endothelial cells, and is useful for the identification of benign and malignant vascular disorders, including angiosarcomas (1, 2). In addition, this antibody is valuable for the labeling of vessels when determining angiogenesis in several types of tumors (3-5). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Cell membrane preparation from the spleen of a patient with hairy cell leukemia (1).
Anti-Human CD31, Endothelial Cell, clone JC70A, was clustered as anti-CD31 at the Fifth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens (7). The epitope recognized was found to be within the extracellular domain 1 (6).
In Western blotting of membrane preparations from a spleen rich in the antigen or from normal platelets, the antibody labels bands of respectively 100 kDa and 130 kDa, the latter corresponding to classic CD31. The smaller band of 100 kDa observed with the splenic preparation may be due to proteolytic breakdown or to variations in glycosylation (1).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: JC70A (1). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Parums DV, Cordell JL, Micklem K, Heryet AR, Gatter KC, Mason DY. JC70: a new monoclonal antibody that detects vascular endothelium associated antigen on routinely processed tissue sections. J Clin Pathol 1990;43:752-7.
- DeYoung BR, Swanson PE, Argenyi ZB, Ritter JH, Fitsgibbon JF, Stahl DJ, et al. CD31 immunoreactivity in mesenchymal neoplasms of the skin and subcutis: Report of 145 cases and review of putative immunohistologic markers of endothelial differentiation. J Cutan Pathol 1995;22:215-22.
- Engel CJ, Bennett ST, Chambers AF, Doig GS, Kerkvliet N, O'Malley FP. Tumor angiogenesis predicts recurrence in invasive colorectal cancer when controlled for Dukes staging. Am J Surg Pathol 1996;20:1260-5.
- Fox SB, Leek RD, Bliss J, Mansi JL, Gusterson B, Gatter KC, et al. Association of tumor angiogenesis with bone marrow micrometastases in breast cancer patients. J Natl Cancer Inst 1997;89:1044-9.
- Giatromanolaki A, Koukourakis M, O'Byrne K, Fox S, Whitehouse R, Talbot DC, et al. Prognostic value of angiogenesis in operable non-small cell lung cancer. J Pathol 1996;179:80-8.
- Muller WA. AS9. CD31 workshop panel report. In: Kishimoto T, Kikutani H, von dem Borne AEG, Goyert SM, Mason DY, Miyasaka M, et al., editors. Leucocyte typing VI. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop and Conference; 1996 Nov 10-14; Kobe, Japan. New York, London: Garland Publishing Inc.; 1997. p. 362-4.
- Fornelli CS, George F, Sampol J, van Agthoven AJ. E6.6. Biochemical analysis of endothelial antigens recognized by workshop mAb. In: Schlossman SF, Boumsell L, Gilks W, Harlan JM, Kishimoto T, Morimoto C, et al., editors. Leucocyte typing V. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop and Conference; 1993 Nov 3-7; Boston, USA. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1995. p. 1791-5.
RECOMMENDED COMPANION PRODUCTS
Synonym(s) for Antigen
adhesion molecule-1, endothelial cell, PECAM-1, platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1