Reacts with an antigen which is a very useful marker for normal and neoplastic B cells.
The antibody reacts with an intracytoplasmic epitope localized on the CD20 antigen (1). The antibody can be used in conjunction with Dako polyclonal antibody against CD3 (Code A0452) to differentiate between T and B cells in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue (2). The antibody is also useful for identification of Hodgkin's and Reed-Sternberg cells of Hodgkin's lymphoma (3).
- Mason DY, Comans-Bitter WM, Cordell JL, Verhoeven M-AJ, Van Dongen JMM. Antibody L26 recognizes an intracellular epitope on the B-cell-associated CD20 antigen. Am J Pathol 1990;136:1215-22.
- Chadburn A, Knowles DM. Paraffin-resistant antigens detectable by antibodies L26 and polyclonal CD3 predict the B- or T-cell lineage of 95% of diffuse aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Am J Clin Pathol 1994;102:284-91.
- Tzankov A, Zimpfer A, Pehrs A-C, Lugli A, Went P, Maurer R, et al. Expression of B-cell markers in classical Hodgkin lymphoma: a tissue micro array analysis of 330 cases. Mod Pathol 2003;16:1141-7.
B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-CD20cy, Code IR604/IS604.
- Optimized staining performance of both high and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Plus
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD20cy, Clone L26, Ready-to-Use, (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels cells of the B-cell lineage, and is useful for the identification of neoplasms of B-cell derivation (1). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Anti-Human CD20cy, clone L26, was clustered as anti-CD20 at the Fifth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens (2).
SDS-PAGE analysis of immunoprecipitates formed between 125I-labeled tonsil cell lysate and the antibody shows reaction primarily with 30 kDa and 33 kDa polypeptides (4).
Studies using COS-1 cells transfected with cDNA encoding the CD20 molecule indicate that the antibody labels an intracytoplasmic epitope localized on the CD20 molecule (5).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: L26 (1, 4). Isotype: IgG2a, kappa.
- Takami T, Qi C-F, Yamada T, Yamashina M, Kon S-I, Ishii Y, et al. B20.3. Reactivity and specificity of L26 (pan-B-cell mAb) on 322 cases of fresh and paraffin-embedded lymphoproliferative diseases. In: Knapp W, Dörken B, Gilks WR, Rieber EP, Schmidt RE, Stein H, et al., editors. Leukocyte typing IV. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop and Conference; 1989 Feb 21-25; Vienna, Austria. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1989. p. 134-6.
- Zhou L-J, Tedder TF. CD20 workshop panel report. In: Schlossman SF, Boumsell L, Gilks W, Harlan JM, Kishimoto T, Morimoto C, et al., editors. Leukocyte typing V. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop and Conference; 1993 Nov 3-7; Boston, USA. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1995. p. 511-4.
- Ishii Y, Takami T, Yuasa H, Takei T, Kikuchi K. Two distinct antigen systems in human B lymphocytes: identification of cell surface and intracellular antigens using monoclonal antibodies. Clin Exp Immunol 1984;58:183-92.
- Mason DY, Comans-Bitter WM, Cordell JL, Verhoeven MAJ, van Dongen JJM. Antibody L26 recognizes an intracellular epitope on the B-cell-asso¬ciated CD20 antigen. Am J Pathol 1990;136:1215-22.
Synonym(s) for Antigen