The PTEN protein is a lipid phosphatase with tumor-suppressing abilities. Reduced expression of PTEN has been reported in a variety of malignancies, including breast (1), prostate (2) and endometrial cancer. In breast and prostate cancer, loss of PTEN expression has been shown to correlate positively with advanced stage. Additionally, PTEN has been suggested as a predictive biomarker for Herceptin™ (trastuzumab) efficacy in the treatment of HER2 overexpressing breast cancer (3).
- Perren A, Weng LP, Boag AH, Ziebold U, Thakore K, Dahia PL, et al. Immunohistochemical evidence of loss of PTEN expression in primary ductal adenocarcinomas of the breast. Am J Pathol 1999;155:1253-60.
- McMenamin ME, Soung P, Perera S, Kaplan I, Loda M, Sellers WR. Loss of PTEN expression in paraffin-embedded primary prostate cancer correlates with high Gleason score and advanced stage. Cancer Res 1999;59:4291-6.
- Fujita T, Doihara H, Kawasaki K, Takabatake D, Takahashi H, Washio K, et al. PTEN activity could be a predictive marker of trastuzumab efficacy in the treatment of ErbB2-overexpressing breast cancer. Br J Cancer 2006;94:247-52.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
This antibody is intended for laboratory use to identify qualitatively by light microscopy PTEN expressing cells in normal and neoplastic tissues using immunohistochemical (IHC) test methods. Differential identification is aided by the results from a panel of antibodies. Interpretation must be made within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Full-length recombinant human PTEN protein.
Monoclonal mouse anti-PTEN clone 6H2.1, identifies a single band at the 55 kD predicted molecular weight for PTEN in Western blots of MCF-7, T-47D and MDA-MB-435S PTEN homozygous cell lines. PTEN null cell lines BT-549 and MDA-MB-468 cell lines were unreactive with clone 6H2.1 by Western blot analysis. Immunoblots of MCF-7 cells induced to express PTEN demonstrated an increased band intensity at the expected size while a weak band was observed on immunoblots of ZR-75-1 cell lysates containing a hemizygous deletion of PTEN and a mis-sense mutation in the remaining allele (11). Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded cell blocks of Ishikawa 3-H-12 cells transfected with PTEN stained positively whereas PTEN deficient 3-H-12 cell block sections were unreactive (12).
Anti-PTEN is provided in liquid form as tissue culture supernatant (containing fetal bovine serum) dialyzed against 0.05 mol/L Tris-HCl, pH 7.2, and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide. Contains stabilizing protein.
Clone: 6H2.1 (11). Isotype: IgG2a, kappa
Mouse lgG concentration mg/L: See label on vial.
- Perren A, Weng LP, Boag AH, Ziebold U, Thakore K, Dahia PL, Komminoth P, Lees JA, Mulligan LM, Mutter GL, Eng C. Immunohistochemical evidence of loss of PTEN expression in primary ductal adenocarcinomas of the breast. Am J Pathol 1999; 155(4):1253-1260
- Pallares J, Bussaglia E, Martinez-Guitarte JL, Dolcet X, Llobet D, Rue M, Sanchez-Verde L, Palacios J, Prat J, Matias-Guiu X. Immunohistochemical analysis of PTEN in endometrial carcinoma: a tissue microarray study with a comparison of four commercial antibodies in correlation with molecular abnormalities. Mod Pathol 2005; 18(5):719-727
Synonym(s) for Antigen
MMAC, mutated in multiple advanced cancers, phosphatase and tensin homolog, TEP1, TGF-β-regulated and epithelial cell-enriched phosphatase