Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9)
Reacts with matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9), which is a zinc-dependent endopeptidase that degrades the basement membrane and other structural components of the extracellular matrix. It is expressed predominantly by stromal cells, including polymorphonuclear cells and macrophages. In cancer tissue, stromal cell expression may be induced by tumor cell infiltration, whereas no expression is seen in the cancer cells. MMP-9 is believed to play a critical role in tumor invasion and metastasis in many types of cancer as well as in angiogenesis (1, 2).
- Stamenkovic I. Extracellular matrix remodelling: the role of matrix metalloproteinases [review]. J Pathol 2003;200:448-64
- Egeblad M, Werb Z. New functions for the matrix metalloproteinases in cancer progression [review]. Nat Rev Cancer 2002;2:161-74.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
Polyclonal Rabbit Anti-Human Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 is intended for use in immunohistochemistry. This antibody is useful for the identification of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) (1). Interpretation must be made within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
In Western blotting of a neutrophil granulocyte homogenate under reducing conditions, the antibody labels a band of 100 kDa corresponding to MMP-9. Under non-reducing conditions, the antibody labels three bands of 100 kDa, 120 kDa and 220 kDa. These bands are comparable to those reported by Kjeldsen et al. (4) and correspond to monomeric MMP-9 (100 kDa), heterodimers of MMP-9/TIMP1 and MMP-9/NGAL (120 kDa), and MMP-9 homodimers (220 kDa).
As demonstrated by immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue, the antibody cross-reacts with the MMP-9-equivalent protein in cow, dog, horse, rat, and swine.
Polyclonal rabbit antibody provided in liquid form as affinity-isolated antibody in 0.05 mol/L Tris-HCl, 0.1 mol/L NaCl, 0.015 mol/L sodium azide, pH 7.2. This product contains stabilizing protein.
Protein concentration g/L: See label on vial.
- Illemann M, Bird N, Majeed A, Sehested M, Laerum OD, Lund LR, et al. MMP-9 is differentially expressed in primary human colorectal adenocarcinomas and their metastases. Mol Cancer Res 2006;4:293-302.
- Kjeldsen L, Bjerrum OW, Askaa J, Borregaard N. Subcellular localization and release of human neutrophil gelatinase, confirming the existence of separate gelatinase-containing granules. Biochem J 1992;287:603-10.
Synonym(s) for Antigen
MMP-9, MMP9, gelatinase B