Thyroid Transcription Factor (TTF-1)
Identifies the 40 kDa TTF-1 band in nuclear extracts or whole cell lysates of TTF-1-positive cell lines of rat, mouse and man.
TTF-1 is selectively expressed in lung and thyroid, and the antibody may aid in the classification of tumors of the lung and thyroid.
- Holzinger A, Dingle S, Bejarano PA, Miller MA, Weaver TE, DiLauro R, et al. Monoclonal antibody to thyroid transcription factor 1: production, characterization, and usefulness in tumor diagnosis. Hybridoma 1996;15:49-53.
Thyroid follicular carcinoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-TTF-1, Code IR056/IS056.
- Optimized staining performance of both high and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Thyroid Transcription Factor, Clone 8G7G3/1, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody is useful for the identification of tumors from lung and thyroid. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Monoclonal anti-rat TTF-1 clone 8G7G3/1 (anti-TTF-1) has also been shown to react with rat, mouse and human TTF-1. In Western blotting, anti-TTF-1 specifically identified a 40 kDa band in immunoblots of nuclear extracts or whole cell lysates from the TTF-1 positive cell lines MLE 15 (mouse lung epithelial), H441-4 (human lung adenocarcinoma), H 345 (human small cell carcinoma) and rat type II pneumocyte cells. Cell lines lacking TTF-1 mRNA such as HeLa and 3T3 were unreactive. Anti-TTF-1 was also found to function in ELISA assays using recombinant TTF-1 (1).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L NaN3.
Clone: 8G7G3/1 (1). Isotype: IgG1, kappa
- Holzinger A, Dingle S, Bejarano PA, Miller M-A, Weaver TE, Di Lauro R, Whitsett JA. Monoclonal antibody to thyroid transcription factor-1: Production, characterization and usefulness in tumor diagnosis. Hybridoma 1996;15:49-53.