Smooth Muscle Myosin Heavy Chain
Reacts with smooth muscle cells and myoepithelial cells, but not with myofibroblasts.
The antibody may be useful for the study of breast tumors as the presence of an intact layer of myoepithelial cells is an important feature which may distinguish benign breast lesions and carcinoma in situ from invasive tumors.
Breast hyperplasia (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-Myosin Heavy Chain (Smooth Muscle), Code IR066/IS066.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Smooth Muscle Myosin Heavy Chain, Clone SMMS-1, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody is useful for the identification of breast myoepithelial cells. Myoepithelial cells are generally present in breast hyperplasia and ductal carcinoma in situ, and absent in invasive breast carcinoma (1-5). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
In Western blotting of human aortic media extracts, the antibody reacts with both MHC-1 (205 kDa) and MHC-2 (200 kDa) isoforms (1).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: SMMS-1 (1). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Frid MG, Shekhonin B, Koteliansky VE, Glukhova MA. Phenotypic changes of human smooth muscle cells during development: Late expression of heavy caldesmon and calponin. Dev Biol 1992; 153:185-193.
- Glukhova MA, Frid MG, Koteliansky VE. Developmental changes in expression of contractile and cytoskeletal proteins in human aortic smooth muscle. J Biol Chem 1990; 265(22):13042-13046.
- Borrione AC, Zanellato AMC, Scabbaoueco G, Pauletto P, Sartore S. Myosin heavy-chain isoforms in adult and developing rabbit vascular smooth muscle. Eur J Biochem 1989; 183:413-417.
- Sartore S, De Marzo N, Borrione AC, Zanellato AMC, Saggin L, Fabbri L, Schiffino S. Myosin heavy-chain isoforms in human smooth muscle. Eur J Biochem 1989; 179:79.
- Lazard D, Sastre X, Frid MG, Glukhova MA, Thiery J, Koteliansky VE. Expression of smooth muscle-specific proteins in myoepithelium and stromal myofibroblasts of normal and malignant human breast tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1993; 90:999-1003.