Labels human monocytes and macrophages, but not myeloid cells.
The antibody is of value for demonstration of monocytes and macrophages in normal and pathological specimens, and for the immunophenotyping of neoplastic lesions.
Acute myeloid leukemia stained with FLEX Anti-CD68, Code IR613/IS613.
- Optimized staining performance of both high and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Plus
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD68, Clone PG-M1, Ready-to-Use, (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistotochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels macrophages and is useful for the identification of M4 (myelomonocytic) and M5 (monocytic) types of acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and histiocytic sarcoma (1). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Human mononuclear spleen cell preparation containing more than 80% Gaucher's cells (3).
Anti-Human CD68, clone PG-M1, was clustered as anti-CD68 at the Fifth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens (4).
The antibody labels COS-1 and WOP cells transfected with CD68 cDNA. Unlike other CD68 antibodies, which label both macrophages and myeloid cells, the PG-M1 antibody detects a fixative-resistant epitope on the macrophage-restricted form of the CD68 antigen (3).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: PG-M1 (3). Isotype: IgG3, kappa.
- Falini B, Flenghi L, Pileri S, Stein H, Dürkop H, Pasqualucci L, et al. M15.1. PG-M1 a new mAb directed against a fixative-resistant, macrophage-restricted epitope of the CD68 molecule. In: Knapp W, Dörken B, Gilks WR, Rieber EP, Schmidt RE, Stein H, et al., editors. Leukocyte typing IV. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop and Conference; 1989 Feb 21-25; Vienna, Austria. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1989. p. 928-30.
- Falini B, Flenghi L, Pileri S, Gambacorta M, Bigerna B, Durkop H, et al. PG-M1: A new monoclonal antibody directed against a fixative-resistant epitope on the macrophage-restricted form of the CD68 molecule. Am J Pathol 1993;142:1359-72.
- Cordell JL, Falini B, Flenghi L, Jones DB, Pileri S, Radzun HJ, et al. M15. CD68 cluster workshop report. In: Knapp W, Dörken B, Gilks WR, Rieber EP, Schmidt RE, Stein H, et al., editors. Leukocyte typing IV. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop and Conference; 1989 Feb 21-25; Vienna, Austria. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1989. p. 925-7.