CD4 is a transmembrane glycoprotein, expressed on normal thymocytes, T-helper cells, majority of mature peripheral T cells, and a subset of suppressor or cytotoxic T cells.
CD4 is not found on immature thymocytes. The antibody is useful for the identification of anaplastic large cell lymphomas, unspecified peripheral T-cell lymphomas and mycosis fungoides.
Anaplastic large cell lymphoma (FFPE) stained wit FLEX Anti-CD4, Code IR649/IS649.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD4, Clone 4B12, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody labels thymocytes and T-helper cells (1) and the antibody is useful for the identification of anaplastic large cell lymphomas (2). Antibodies to CD4 may also be useful for the identification of mycosis fungoides and unspecified periferal T-cell lymphoma (3-5). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Recombinant protein corresponding to the external domain of the CD4 molecule.
In tonsil, the crowded and isolated T-helper cells show a moderate to strong staining reaction. In liver, the Kupffer and endothelial cells of the sinusoids show a weak to moderate staining reaction.
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: 4B12. Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Leong A S-Y, Cooper K and Leong F J W-M eds. Manual of diagnostic antibodies for immunohistology, second ed 2003.Greenwich Medical Media Ltd: p. 65-6.
- D'Amore SEG, Menin A, Bonoldi E, Bevilacqua P, Cazzavilan S, Donofrio V, et al. Anaplastic large cell lymphomas: A study of 75 pediatric patients. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2007;10:181-91.
- Dabbs DJ. Ed. Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry, second ed 2006 Elsevier Inc; p. 141-50.
- Williamson SLH, Steward M, Milton I, Parr A, Piggott NH, Krajewski AS, et al. New monoclonal antibodies to the cell antigens CD4 and CD8. Am J Pathol 1998;152:1421-26.
- Zettl A, Rüdiger T, Konrad M-A, Chott A, Simonitsch-Klupp I, Sonnen R, et al. Genomic profiling of peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecified, and anaplastic large T-cell lymphoma delineates novel recurrent chromosomal alterations. Am J Pathol 2004;164:1837-48.
Check Your Price & Order Online