CD1a, a member of the CD1 antigen family, is a non-polymorphic MHC class I-related cell surface glycoprotein expressed in association with ß2-microglobulin.
Langerhans' cells, interdigitating dendritic cells and medullary thymocytes in thymic medulla are labeled by anti-CD1a. This antibody is useful for the classification of thymomas and malignancies of T-cell precursors and the diagnosis of Langerhans' cell histiocytosis.
Thymoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-CD1a, Code IR069/IS069.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD1a, Clone O10, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody is useful for the classification of thymomas and malignancies of T-cell precursors and the diagnosis of Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (1). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Anti-Human CD1a, clone O10, was clustered as anti-CD1a at the 4th International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens (2). Clone O10 has been shown to immunoprecipitate labeled CD1a from thymus cell lysate and from Langerhans' cell-enriched epidermal cell lysate (2). In the latter, the antibody strongly precipitated the native CD1a molecule (49 kDa molecular weight) and β2-microglobulin (12 kDa molecular weight) but not the trypsin-cleaved CD1a molecule (27 kDa molecular weight) (2). In immunohistochemistry, the antibody has been demonstrated to react with the CD1a cell surface glycoprotein expressed on cortical thymocytes, Langerhans' cells, and interdigitating dendritic (reticulum) cells in frozen and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues (1, 2).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: O10 (1). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Krenács L, Tiszalvicz L, Krenács T, Boumsell L. Immunohistochemical detection of CD1a antigen in formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue sections with monoclonal antibody 010. J Pathol 1993; 171:99-104.
- Boumsell L. Cluster Report: CD1 in Leucocyte Typing IV. Eds. W. Knapp, B. Dörken, W. R. Gilks, E. P. Rieber, R. E. Schmidt, H. Stein, and A. E. G. Dr. von dem Borne. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1989; 251-69.
Check Your Price & Order Online