Clone DC 10
Reacts with the 45 kDa protein corresponding to cytokeratin 18. The antibody labels a large number of simple epithelia, including many ductal and glandular epithelia.
The antibody is a useful aid for classification of tumors of epithelial origin. In vascular tumors, the antibody may be a useful aid in the classification of epithelioid hemangioendotheliomas.
- Lauerova L, Kovarik J, Bartek J, Rejthar A, Vojtesek B. Novel monoclonal antibodies defining epitope of human cytokeratin 18 molecule. Hybridoma 1988;7:495-504.
Liver stained with FLEX Anti-Cytokeratin 18, Code IR618/IS618.
- Optimized staining performance of both high and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Plus
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Cytokeratin 18, Clone DC 10, Ready-to-Use (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels epithelial cells in those epithelia expressing cytokeratin 18, and hence the antibody is a useful tool for the differentiation and identification of epithelial tumors (1) and epithelioid hemangioendotheliomas (2). Antibodies to cytokeratin 18 may also be useful for the identification of seminomas (3). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
PCM 42, human breast carcinoma cell line (7).
In Western blotting of cytokeratin preparations from BT 20 cells, the antibody labels a single band of 45 kDa corresponding to CK18 (7).
In immunocytochemistry on human cultured cell lines, the antibody labels tumor cells of epithelial origin, whereas normal fibroblasts and tumor cells of non-epithelial origin such as glioma, melanoma and osteosarcoma, are not labeled (7).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: DC 10 (7). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Lane EB, Alexander CM. Use of keratin antibodies in tumor diagnosis [review]. Semin Cancer Biol 1990; 1:165-79.
- Miettinen M, Fetsch JF. Distribution of keratins in normal endothelial cells and a spectrum of vascular tumors: Implications in tumor diagnosis. Hum Pathol 2000; 31:1062-7.
- Fogel M, Lifschitz-Mercer B, Moll R, Kushnir I, Jacob N, Waldherr R, et al. Heterogeneity of intermediate filament expression in human testicular seminomas. Differentiation 1990;45:242-9.
- Lauerová L, Kovarik J, Bártek J, Rejthar A, Vojteek B. Novel monoclonal antibodies defining epitope of human cytokeratin 18 molecule. Hybridoma 1988; 7:495-504.