Labels human monocytes, macrophages and myeloid cells.
It is of value for demonstrating reactive macrophages in a wide variety of normal and pathological specimens and for the immunophenotyping of myeloid and histiocytic cells and their neoplastic equivalents.
Acute myeloid leukemia (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-CD68, Code IR609/IS609.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Plus
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human CD68, Clone KP1, Ready-to-Use (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels macrophages and other members of the mononuclear phagocyte lineage and is useful for the identification of neoplasms of myeloid and macrophage/monocyte origin (1). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Lysosomal fraction of human lung macrophages (4).
Anti-Human CD68, clone KP1, was clustered as anti-CD68 at the Fourth International Workshop and Conference on Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens (5).
In Western blotting of extracts of lung, spleen and U937 cells, diffuse 110, 70 and 40 kDa bands were detected when using reducing conditions. Under non-reducing conditions the spleen extract showed an additional 220 kDa band (4).
SDS-PAGE analysis of immunoprecipitates formed between the antibody and 125I-labeled lysates from human spleen with B-cell lymphoma rich in macrophages shows reaction with a 110 kDa polypeptide, corresponding to CD68 (4).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: KP1 (4). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Warnke RA, Pulford KAF, Pallesen G, Ralfkiaer E, Brown DC, Gatter KC, et al. Diagnosis of myelomonocytic and macrophage neoplasms in routinely processed tissue biopsies with monoclonal antibody KP1. Am J Pathol 1989;135:1089-95.
- Pulford KAF, Rigney EM, Micklem KJ, Jones M, Stross WP, Gatter KC, et al. KP1: a new monoclonal antibody that detects a monocyte/macrophage associated antigen in routinely processed tissue sections. J Clin Pathol 1989;42:414-21.
- Micklem K, Cordell J, Rigney E, Simmons D, Pulford K, Stross P, et al. M13.1. A macrophage-associated antigen defined by five mAB. In: Knapp W, Dörken B, Gilks WR, Rieber EP, Schmidt RE, Stein H, et al., editors. Leucocyte typing IV. White cell differentiation antigens. Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop and Conference; 1989 Feb 21-25; Vienna, Austria. Oxford, New York, Tokyo: Oxford University Press; 1989. p. 843-46.
Check Your Price & Order Online