Estrogen Receptor α
Reacts with estrogen receptor alpha.
The antibody strongly labels the nuclei of cells known to contain a high level of estrogen receptor, e.g. epithelial and myometrial cells of the uterus, and normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic cells of the mammary gland.
For DakoLink users:
Go to the Autostainer Link Installer section and download the Installer for Code IR657, ER alpha 1D5 Protocol Updater. Follow the instructions to complete the update.
- Al Saati T, Clamens S, Cohen-Knafo E, Faye JC, Prats H, Coindre JM, et al. Production of monoclonal antibodies to human estrogen-receptor protein (ER) using recombinant ER (RER). Int J Cancer 1993;55:651-4.
- Hendricks JB, Stephen CA, Wilkinson EJ, Szekeres G. Estrogen receptor specific (ER1D5) epitope stability in paraffin sections. J Histotechnol 1996;19:23-5.
Breast ductal carcinoma (FFPE) stained with Anti-Estrogen Receptor α.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Estrogen Receptor α, Clone 1D5, is intended for use in immunohistochemistry. The antibody labels estrogen receptor α-positive cells and is useful in the assessment of estrogen receptor α status in human breast carcinomas (1-3). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Soluble recombinant human estrogen receptor (9).
The antibody specifically reacts with ERα and shows no reaction with ERβ (10, 11). The epitope is located in the N-terminal domain (A/B region) of ERα. In Western immunoblotting using protein extracts from COS cells transfected with a plasmid vector expressing ER, the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7, and human endometrial tissue, the antibody labels a polypeptide of approximately 67 kDa corresponding to ER. No labeling of COS cells transfected with plasmid containing a deleted mutant with missing sequences encoding for the A/B region of ER was observed (9).
As demonstrated by immunohistochemistry, the antibody reacts with the ERα-equivalent protein in rat (10).
Monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form as cell culture supernatant dialysed against 0.05 mol/L Tris/HCl, pH 7.2, and containing 15 mmol/L NaN3.
Clone: 1D5 (9). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
Mouse IgG concentration: See label on vial.
The protein concentration between lots may vary without influencing the optimal dilution. The titer of each individual lot is compared and adjusted to a reference lot to ensure a consistent immunohistochemical staining performance from lot-to-lot.
- Mauri FA, Veronese S, Frigo B, Girlando S, Losi L, Gambacorta M, et al. ER1D5 and H222 (ER-ICA) antibodies to human estrogen receptor protein in breast carcinomas. Appl Immunohistochem 1994;2:157-63.
- Goulding H, Pinder S, Cannon P, Pearson D, Nicholson R, Snead D, et al. A new immunohistochemical antibody for the assessment of estrogen receptor status on routine formalin-fixed tissue samples. Hum Pathol 1995;26:291-4.
- Shaw JA, Udokang K, Mosquera J-M, Chauhan H, Jones JL, Walker RA. Oestrogen receptors alpha and beta differ in normal human breast and breast carcinomas. J Pathol 2002;198:450-7.
- Al Saati T, Clamens S, Cohen-Knafo E, Faye JC, Prats H, Coindre JM, et al. Production of monoclonal antibodies to human estrogen-receptor protein (ER) using recombinant ER (RER). Int J Cancer 1993;55: 651-4.
- Nishihara E, Nagayama Y, Inoue S, Hiroi H, Muramatsu M, Yamashita S, et al. Ontogenetic changes in the expression of estrogen receptor α and β in rat pituitary gland detected by immunohistochemistry. Endocrinology 2000;141:615-20.
- Pettersson K, Grandien K, Kuiper GGJM, Gustafsson J-Å. Mouse estrogen receptor β forms estrogen response element-binding heterodimers with estrogen receptorα. Mol Endocrinol 1997;11:1486-96.
Check Your Price & Order Online
Synonym(s) for Antigen
ERα ER alpha, ER