Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen
The antibody reacts with a simple, linear epitope in proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA). The PCNA is expressed by proliferating cells and reaches its maximum synthesis during the S-phase of the cell cycle.
- Roos G, Landberg G, Huff JP, Houghten R, Takasaki Y, Tan EM. Analysis of the epitopes of proliferating cell nuclear antigen recognized by monoclonal antibodies. Lab Invest 1993;68:204-10.
- Bromley M, Rew D, Becciolini A, Balzi M, Chadwick C, Hewitt D, et al. A comparison of proliferation markers (BrdUrd, Ki-67, PCNA) determined at each cell position in the crypts of normal human colonic mucosa. Eur J Histochem 1996;40:89-100.
- Yu CC-W, Filipe M. Update on proliferation-associated antibodies applicable to formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue and their application. Histochem J 1993;25:843-53.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen (PCNA), Clone PC10, is intended for use in immunocytochemistry. The antibody labels human cells expressing PCNA and may be a useful tool in determining proliferating cells in normal tissues and some forms of neoplasia (1). Differential identification is aided by the results from a panel of antibodies. Interpretation must be made within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Rat PCNA-protein A fusion protein obtained from vector pC2T (5).
SDS-PAGE analysis of immunoprecipitates formed between the antibody and 35S-methionine-labelled extract of CV-1 cells (an immortalized line of monkey kidney epithelial cells) shows reaction primarily with a polypeptide corresponding to PCNA (5).
In Western blotting of cell extracts of HeLa cells, S. pompe (yeast) or S. frugiperda (insect) the antibody labels a band corresponding to PCNA (5).
Monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form as cell culture supernatant dialysed against 0.05 mol/L Tris/HCl, pH 7.2, and containing 15 mmol/L NaN3.
Clone: PC10 (5). Isotype: IgG2a, kappa.
Mouse IgG concentration: see label on vial.
- Hall PA, Levison DA, Woods AL, Yu CC-W, Kellock DB, Watkins JA, et al. Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) immunolocalization in paraffin sections: an index of cell proliferation with evidence of deregulated expression in some neoplasms. J Pathol 1990;162:285-94.
- Waseem NH, Lane DP. Monoclonal antibody analysis of the proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA). Structural conservation and the detection of a nucleolar form. J Cell Sci 1990;96:121-9.
Check Your Price & Order Online
Synonym(s) for Antigen