Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO)
Thyroid peroxidase (TPO) is present as a dimer on the apical surface of thyroid folliular cells, and it is the primary enzyme involved in thyroid hormone synthesis. A reduction of TPO-positive cells has been found in malignant nodular thyroid tissue, and the antibody is a useful aid in distinguishing between benign and malignant solitary cold thyroid nodules in fine needle aspiration cytology samples (1).
- Christensen L, Blichert-Toft M, Brandt M, Lange M, Sneppen SB, Ravnsbæk J. Thyroperoxidase TPO immunostaining of the solitary cold thyroid nodule. Clin Endocrinol 2000;53:161-9.
- Excellent specificity
- High lot to lot consistency
- Optimized for immunohistochemistry (IHC) with validated protocols
- Certified manufacturing facilities guarantee full quality control
Dako's products are the result of 40 years experience ensuring quality and innovation in antibodies and reagents: the genesis of the pathology lab of tomorrow.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO), Clone MoAb47, is intended for use in immunocytochemistry. The antibody labels TPO and may be a useful aid in the differentiation between benign and malignant thyroid tumours (1-3). Differential identification is aided by the results from a panel of antibodies. Interpretation must be made within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Human TPO (hTPO) purified from thyroid microsomes by immunoaffinity chromatography (6).
As demonstrated by ELISA and inhibition experiments, the antibody labels purified hTPO (6).
The epitope recognized by the antibody was found to be within nucleotides 2224-2260 in exon 12 of the TPO gene (2).
Pooled sera from patients with Grave's disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis at a dilution of 1:20 hinder the binding of the antibody to hTPO coated onto ELISA wells, indicating that the patient sera share some epitope reactivity with the antibody (6).
Monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form as cell culture supernatant dialysed against 0.05 mol/L Tris/HCl, pH 7.2, and containing 15 mmol/L NaN3.
Clone: MoAb47 (6). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
Mouse IgG concentration: see label on vial.
- De Micco C, Zoro P, Garcia S, Skoog L, Tani EM, Carayon P, et al. Thyroid peroxidase immunodetection as a tool to assist diagnosis of thyroid nodules on fine-needle aspiration biopsy. Eur J Endocrinol 1994;131:474-9.
- De Micco C, Kopp F, Vassko V, Grino M. In situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry study of thyroid peroxidase expression in thyroid tumors. Thyroid 2000;10:109-15.
- Christensen L, Blichert-Toft M, Brandt M, Lange M, Sneppen SB, Ravnsbæk J, et al. Thyroperoxidase (TPO) immunostaining of the solitary cold thyroid nodule. Clin Endocrinol 2000;53:161-9.
- Ruf J, Toubert M-E, Czarnocka B, Durand-Gorde J-M, Ferrand M, Carayon P. Relationship between immunological structure and biochemical properties of human thyroid peroxidase. Endocrinology 1989;125:1211-8.
Check Your Price & Order Online
Synonym(s) for Antigen