Reacts with the 46 kDa human protein corresponding to cytokeratin 17.
The antibody labels the basal layer of complex epithelia, i.e. the basal layer of pseudostratified epithelium in the larynx, trachea and bronchi as well as squamous cell carcinomas of the lung, cervix and oral cavity.
Pancreatic adenocarcinoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-Cytokeratin 17, Code IR620/IS620.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Link 48
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Cytokeratin 17, Clone E3, Ready-to-Use (Link), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Autostainer Link instruments. This antibody is useful for the identification of squamous cell carcinomas (1, 2) and for the identification of pancreatic adenocarcinomas (3) and breast carcinomas (4). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Cytoskeletal fraction of rat colon epithelium (6).
In one- and two-dimensional SDS-PAGE and immunoblotting of Triton X-100-extracted cytoskeleton preparations of several cell cultures and tissues, the antibody labeled a band corresponding to human cytokeratin 17 (6).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: E3 (6). Isotype: IgG2b, kappa.
- Fisseler-Eckhoff A, Erfkamp S, Müller K-M. Cytokeratin expression in preneoplastic lesions and early squamous cell carcinoma of the bronchi. Path Res Pract 1996: 92:552-559.
- Smedts F, Ramaekers F, Link M, Lauerova L, Troyanovsky S, Schijf C, Vooijs G P. Detection of keratin subtypes in routinely processed cervical tissue: implications for tumour classification and the study of cervix cancer aetiology. Virchows Archiv 1994:425:145-155.
- Chu P G, Schwarz R E, Lau S K, Yen Y, Weiss L M. Immunohistochemical staining in the diagnosis of pancreatobiliary and Ampulla of Vater adenocarcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol 2005:29:359-367.
- van de Rijn M, Perou C M, Tibshirani R, Haas P, Kallioniemi O, Kononen J, Torhost J, et al. Expression of cytokeratins 17 and 5 indentifies a group of breast carcinomas with poor clinical outcome. Am J Pathol 2002:161:1991-1996.
- Troyanovsky SM, Guelstein VI, Tchipysheva TA, Krutovskikh VA, Bannikov GA. Patterns of expression of keratin 17 in human epithelia: dependency on cell position. J Cell Sci 1989;93:419-26.
Check Your Price & Order Online