The antigen recognized by this antibody is present in normal human hepatocytes and is conserved in a majority of hepatocellular carcinomas (1).
The antibody does not label other tumors, except for some rare tumors of gastrointestinal origin.
- Minervini MI, Demetris AJ, Lee RG, Carr BI, Madariaga J, Nalesnik MA. Utilization of hepatocyte-specific antibody in the immunocytochemical evaluation of liver tumors. Mod Pathol 1997;10:686-92.
Hepatocellular carcinoma (FFPE) stained with FLEX Anti-Hepatocyte, IR624/IS624.
- Optimized staining performance of both high- and low-expression structures
- Crisp and clear staining with no background
- Optimal laboratory efficiency with ready-to-use antibodies on Dako Autostainer Plus
The staining performance of all antibodies has been defined, tested and approved through collaboration with leading international pathologists. Check the Atlas of Stains
- a guide to diagnostic accuracy
For in vitro diagnostic use.
FLEX Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Hepatocyte, Clone OCH1E5, Ready-to-Use (Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus), is intended for use in immunohistochemistry together with Dako Autostainer/Autostainer Plus instruments. This antibody labels hepatocytes and is useful for the differential diagnosis of hepatocellular tumors in general (1), for the differentiation of clear cell hepatocellular carcinomas from other clear cell malignancies (2), and for the distinction of hepatoblastoma, especially the embryonal type, from other small, round-cell tumors of childhood (3). The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies using proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
Formalin-fixed, failed human allograft liver that was mechanically disrupted (4).
The antibody labels an antigen that seems to be localized to the mitochondrial fraction of liver homogenates (4).
Ready-to-use monoclonal mouse antibody provided in liquid form in a buffer containing stabilizing protein and 0.015 mol/L sodium azide.
Clone: OCH1E5 (4). Isotype: IgG1, kappa.
- Minervini MI, Demetris AJ, Lee RG, Carr BI, Madariaga J, Nalesnik MA. Utilization of hepatocyte-specific antibody in the immunocytochemical evaluation of liver tumors. Mod Pathol 1997; 10:686-92.
- Murakata LA, Ishak KG, Nzeako UC. Clear cell carcinoma of the liver: a comparative immunohistochemical study with renal clear cell carcinoma. Mod Pathol 2000;13:874-81.
- Fasano M, Theise ND, Nalesnik M, Goswami S, Garcia de Davila MT, Finegold MJ, et al. Immunohistochemical evaluation of hepatoblastomas with use of the hepatocyte-specific marker, hepatocyte paraffin 1, and the polyclonal anti-carcinoembryonic antigen. Mod Pathol 1998;11:934-8.
- Wennerberg AE, Nalesnik MA, Coleman WB. Hepatocyte paraffin 1: a monoclonal antibody that reacts with hepatocytes and can be used for differential diagnosis of hepatic tumors. Am J Pathol 1993; 143:1050-4.
Check Your Price & Order Online
Synonym(s) for Antigen
Hep Par, Hep Par 1, Hep Par-1